The European Commission and the Fundació Mies van der Rohe have announced last Wednesday at the press conference that has taken place at Europe House London, the five finalists who will compete for the 2015 European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture –Mies van der Rohe Award. The speakers in the press conference have been Giovanna Carnevali, Director of the Fundació Mies van der Rohe; Alessandro Senesi, Deputy Head of Creative Europe at the European Commission; and Tony Chapman, member of the 2015 Jury. The finalists are:
- Ravensburg Art Museum in Ravensburg, Germany by Lederer Ragnarsdóttir Oei
- Danish Maritime Museum in Helsingør, Denmark by Bjarke Ingels Group
- Antinori Winery in Firenze, Italy by Archea Associati
- Philharmonic Hall Szczecin in Szczecin, Poland by Barozzi / Veiga (click here to see a full post on this building)
- Saw Swee Hock Student Centre, London School of Economics in London, United Kingdom by O’Donnell + Tuomey (click here to see our article on the 2015 RIBA gold medalists)
Read on after the jump to see the project by Archea Associati for the Antinori Winery in San Casciano Val di Pesa.