On the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the foundation of the Scuola Speciale di Archittetura of the Politecnico di Milano, coinciding with the fiftieth memorial of the death of Le Corbusier (August 1965), Politecnico di Milano and Triennale di Milano are organizing an exhibition with the support and collaboration of Fondation Le Corbusier and Archivio Bottoni.
The exhibition, entitled “Le Corbusier, Milano e il dibattito architettonico 1934-1966” is aimed to document the presence of the Swiss Master in Milan throughout original and reproduced documents and materials.
The display is divided into several thematic sections, celebrating the most significant moments of Le Corbusier’s confrontation with Italian culture and entrepreneurs in the city of Milan: the conference at Circolo Filologico (19 June 1934), his participation in “De Divina Proportione” for the Triennale exhibition in Milan of 1951, and the project of Electronic Calculation Center Olivetti at Rho-Milan (1960-1964).
A supplementary chronological section is provisioned along the exhibition, in order to briefly document the presence of Le Corbusier in Italy.
During the opening period of the exhibition, several activities will be programmed to take place as a series of events conforming what Politecnico and Tirennale have called “Le Corbusier tra noi” (Le Corbusier among us), quoting the famous eulogy which Ernesto Nathan Rogers gave at Milan Faculty of Architecture in May 26, 1966.
The annual conference of Deans of Architecture Schools, affiliated with the European Association for Architectural Education – EAAE (27-30 August 2015) will be held aming the exhibition spaces, so a particular section in the exhibition will be devoted to the second “Reunion Internationale des architectes” (held in Milan on September 15, 1933), which was sponsored by “L’Architecture d’Aujourd’hui” on theme of architectural training and was attended by 130 foreign delegates.
Le Corbusier tra noi
Le Corbusier, Milano e il dibattito architettonico 1934-1960
June 30 – September 11, 2015
Mon – Fri, 10 am – 7 pm
Closed 8th to 23rd of August
Guido Nardi Exhibition Hall
Politecnico di Milano
Scuola di Architettura e società
Via Ampère 2,